Thursday, July 28, 2011

3 am


We got Little O to finally sleep at about 2:30. 2:30 AM!
I have to head into work at 8 am tomorrow (on field days I can leave straight from the house and not have to drive all the way downtown to the office. read: I get and extra hour of sleep.) But guess what? I can't sleep. I know this sounds crazy and a little bit obsessive... D has a stress test in the morning.
His running shoes are sitting by the front door, the mini-dvd player and diapers are packed for him. As are cheez-its and grapes. Little O's clothes are laid out and shoes along side. I woke up early to do laundry and make a breakfast sandwich (what else would k8 do when worried besides cook something???)
I want to go with but just simply can't (enter working mommy). D seems unfazed and he is right to think thus. He's had an echo (normal), all his blood work is better than best, and his cholesterol is stupidly healthy...but I love this man...and just can't shake the worry...also add on that he is taking The Monster into public alone...this alone is highly dangerous.

So, here I sit, at 3am, the fan humming above me, the snoring boys in the room upstairs, and I ask for whoever is up there to take care of them tomorrow. While I go to work and take care of other people... please someone watch over my loves.
And for that matter watch over me!
D had to take my car (only one with room for a carseat). This means I have one of the sports cars (both of those Fairlady's HATE me. This requires a blog of it's own considering the number of times they have left me stranded on the side of the road, no AC, no radio, and then started right up when D hops into the drivers seat. grrrr.).

Goodnight my peacefully slumbering.
Sweet Dreams.
And never leave the ones you love without telling them so.

No comments: