50 Day Challenge
Something you want to do before you die...
1. Finish the Modern Library's 100 Greatest Novels List
2. Learn to ski
3. Learn Spanish
4. Own a horse
5. Sign MD at the end of my name
6. Learn to be more honest with others about my feelings.
7. Go on vacation with Max
8. Live in Rural Kenya
9. Show my parents how much I appreciate the life they have given me.
10. Be a foster parent
11. Write a book of short stories
12. Visit Prague
13. Communicate better.
14. Run a free clinic in a third world country
15. Visit Ireland with my parents.
16. Learn to make the perfect Bloody Mary
17. Visit St. Petersburg, Russia while wearing a fur-trimmed coat
18. Work as a chef
19. Take a tour of a peanut farm
20. Have a beautiful garden.
21. Get a little strawberry tattoo
22. Grow my hair out all the way down my back
23. Drink wine at a cafe in Spain
24. Sleep on the beach next to a bonfire (DONE)
25. Donate my hair to Lock for Love (DONE)
26. Ride a motorcycle across the US
27. Play the fiddle like a pro
28. Own a boat and spend Saturday's on a lake.
29. Grow my own peaches.
30. Ride a scooter through the streets of Paris
31. Spend an anniversary in Casablanca.
32. Have a balcony with french doors in my bedroom
33. Own my own business.
34. Make the perfect meal.
35. Be an Alethea to another girl.
36. See all of Frida's paintings.
37. Have a backstage/ all-inclusive pass to Max's show (DONE)
38. See the pyramids of Egypt.
39. Snorkle in the Great Barrier Reef.
40. Read "The BFG" to my child.
41. Have a wrap-around porch with a big, wooden porch swing.
42. Grow beautiful fall mums (and not kill them).
43. Cruise around town in my very own powder blue Sting Ray.
44. Get implants.
45. Throw the ultimate cocktail party.
46. Master Mom's french toast (DONE)
47. Live on 100+ acres.
48. Be a respected and noted member of my profession.
49. Be an "Aunt Zucchini" to Max's children.
50. Lay by my in-ground pool with one of Sam's specialty Pina Coladas.
51. This one is for no one else to know.....
52. Kick the Diet Coke addiction (DONE -for a while, then DONE again for awhile)
53. Have a wrought iron spiral staircase.
54. Spend every Christmas eve warm, cozy, and happy with my family.
55. Spend the night in a castle.
56. Watch the Cubs win the World Series.
57. Visit Madagascar before all the wildlife have been killed.
58. Learn to feel comfortable talking with my father.
59. Take an all inclusive vacation to a resort beach, even though it ruins the local culture and economy.
60. Make Dad's spritz cookies without cursing, screaming, or throwing things when the dough is too sticky (DONE)
61. Become closer to my mom's sisters (my Aunts).
62. Have one really close bosom friend.
63. Visit Prince Edward Island and all of Anne of Green Gables old haunts.
64. Have a newspaper column.
65. Always stay in touch with Paige.
66. Eat fresh lobster at a seafood shack in Maine.
67. See my Father's work in an art gallery (as an adult).
68. Join and stay active in a book club.
69. Visit the Andy Warhol museum again (this time as an adult).
70. Vintage shop in Soho and Chelsea.
71. Own a first edition of Tender is the Night.
72. Be involved with a Children's Theatre group.
73. This one is a secret too...
74. Be impulsive.
75. Learn to trust my heart (DONE- thanks to the strength Oliver gave me)
76. Spend less time worrying about whether or not my family approves.
77. Carve pumpkins and drink cider every Halloween with Oliver.
78. Meet Mark Bittman
79.Take D to San Fransisco
80. Have a beautiful Catholic wedding in my "Funny Face" wedding dress
81. Spend July's with my Mom and Aunt at Lakeside
82. Take a tour of California Wine country
83. Own a REAL chef's knife
84. Teach Oliver to ride a horse
85. Own chickens and goats
86. Publish a cookbook
87. Recreate Grammie's Greenbrier room
88. Eat at Chez Panisse
89. Make all my children and Max's a baby blanket (like my mother did)
90. Have a big, vintage wooden table/kitchen island that is seasoned and well worn.
91. Learn to be more of a perfectionist
92. Make a notable contribution in the HIV/AIDS field
93. Have a baby girl
94. East at a NYT starred restaurant and pretend I'm a food critic (big glasses, trench, scarf and all)
95. Design my own kitchen from scratch
96. Own my own home (DONE)
97. Have a jacuzzi bathtub that is my oasis
98. See my Grammie's book "All the Flowers have your name" realized
99. Fly a kite with Oliver
100. Have the opprotunity to say "That's my son!"
More to come......