Sunday, November 7, 2010

A weekend in words...


This weekend was a whirlwind and went by way too fast!

I attempted biscotti...

Major fail...

They made yummy cookies though...




Next up was picking up some awesome fabric.
Santa informed me that he will be delivering a toddler bed so I though some new sheets were in order.



and this...


I'll post pictures of the comforter soon.
It needs washed.
and I'm feeling lazy.
I did find the energy to start making the sheets though.
Gather your two most important thingys...




Trim the fabric between 45" and 46"...



Next up cut an 8x8 square out of each corner.
Once sewn up this will be you corner pockets.



Then we went to Goodwill.
Ya'll know how much I LOVE to thrift!

I found this vintage hat...




And beads for the trim on my veil...
ribbon for the wedding...
forks for the wedding...

I'm collecting random silverware for the wedding.
Because I HATE eating off plastic.





I also decided it was time to remove the Halloween ribbon from my wreath.
It's almost Turkey time!




I know I'm a total dork.
I adore my wreath and it's ever changing ribbon.
Joanne's and Hobby Lobby probably survive off me.
I'm not kidding.
I kept picking out fabric.
D had to put the smack down.
But I WON with the ribbon.




Next up was a meal D adored...
ribeye steak
mostly rare
ok, a lot rare.
oysters rockefeller...
with cream sauce...

Best beshamel I've made yet.
5T. butter
1/4 c. butter
1 quart milk
2t. salt
1/2. cheese of your choice
1/4 t. nutmeg
s&p



D and I decided to try one new thing each month.
I found these lobster mushrooms at Whole Foods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomyces_lactifluorum

They were yummy mushrooms.
Not worth 19.99 a pound.
but yummy.


All in all...
good dinner.
good bottle of wine.
happy family.
good weekend.



No comments: