Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday's Fave Five!



I'm beginning to see a habit of posting Friday's Fav Fives on Saturdays...
oops..

Friday's are pretty much a wash for me.
I usually don't even make dinner.
I don't even turn on my computer.
I just pass out on the couch.


So here goes...

1) My co-workers.
The people you work with can make or break your job.
I have been blessed with the best group.
I'm not just saying that either.
I feel comfortable and at ease around them.
There is just the perfect balance of friendship, support, professionalism, and laughter.
It makes getting up and going to work before the sun comes up every morning enjoyable.

2) Nice people.

This seems like an obvious one but in my line of work...not so much.
I'm sure it's just like any job that deals with people.

Call centers have to get yelled at.
Nurses poke people and make them wait in waiting rooms.
DR's deliver bad news.
And those poor, poor post office workers...

Anytime someone, whether it be an apartment manager, a client, or a nurse goes out of their way to help me or is just cheery and helpful at 5:30 on a Friday afternoon, I am so thankful.

Pay it forward I always say.

3) New Interests.

I LOVE when I find my new "it" thing.
I remember the first time I saw Evita. I then read, listened, researched everything I could about her.
I did this with Jackie Kennedy, Frida, Diego, Andy Warhol, Dylan, Degas, Beethoven, Jane Goodall, Edith Pilaf, Julia Child, and I could go on and on.

My latest is Gia .
And Edie Sedgwick.

I'm reading a biography about each of them right now and also just started to re-read Any Warhol's biography.
In the mail should be arriving a book about the "meaning or inspiration" behind Dylan's songs.

Should I be paying bills and not buying books?
Yep.
Am I going to?
Nope.

This is the movie that inspired my Gia obsession.
I Netflixed the movie simply because she died of AIDS.
And we all know how I love AIDS.

This is the movie that inspired my Edie obsession.
Although I've long been interested in Edie (due to the Dylan/Warhol connection).

4) Passion.

I LOVE being passionate.
I don't care what it is that you're passionate about.
I just love passion.

Maybe it's 11am and your passionate about the sub sammie you're getting for lunch.
Or you're passionate about your ability to take long bubble bathes.
Passion inspires creativity.
In turn that inspires new ideas that bring about change and forward movement.

I'm feeling passionate today.

5)Low lighting.

Yep, I said it.
I'm thankful for low lighting.
Overhead lights at work give me massive headaches and stress me out.
I love coming home, dimming the lights, and cuddling up in the worn corner of my couch under a blanket that perpetually reeks of peanut butter and spoiled milk with Little O reading one of the following current favorite books:
  • Pigs in Hiding (we count the piggies over and over and over)
  • Amelia Bedelia (because he giggles hysterically at the voices I make)
  • Frog and Toad are Friends (again with the voices...I just can't do it like Papa though).
Ok, enough for now.
Uncle Matt is bringing over Jack for the day.
I must go pull out all the infant toys.
Oh! and there are sticky bun rolls rising on the counter!
Mmmm...
So much to be thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wonderful blog!
HI!my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want.... follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss

marti
Glamour Marmalade