Monday, October 18, 2010

Kenya

Some pretty pictures...

I've had some strange dreams lately. I'm guessing it's due to the mounting stress as Little O's surgery approaches.

I've been dreaming in a mixture of memories of my time in Kenya and other random bits of that my crazy brain makes up.


When I start to think about Kenya and my family there I tend to like to sit and look through all the old pictures. It reminds me of how fortunate I am to have had that experience and all the lessons and funny things I learned about life and myself. So, I thought I'd share with you, my darling blog friends and random readers, a mash-up of just how AWESOME rural/middle of nowhere, dirt road/back woods, sunny Kenya is...




Head and shoulders, knees and toes!
Knees and toes!


Fixing my hair in the morning light before heading to the clinic...




The ladies of the sewing group that made me several beautiful skirts...
And bought me Cokes...
And asked if I could ship them a car from America...
And thought I owned the plane that I flew over on...
And didn't know what a plane was until I explained it...
Have you ever tried explaining a plane to elderly women that have never seen one?
It ain't easy.


My friend Angela's mother.
She loved that stinking chicken.
I did not.
and I ate it on my last day.
I was touched that she fed me her favorite chicken.




The chef at a hotel we stayed at.
He's frying fish (obviously).
He never talked but let me sit and watch him cook.
And he grinned.
A lot.




The road that connected my house with Sam's.
I walked it everyday.
Sometimes in the rain/mud pit.
I even fell once and was REALLY muddy.
Then the kids laughed at me.
I deserved it.



And there you have it folks...
My almost wordless Wednesday...

No comments: